Do you struggle to trust God? You're not alone.
The Bible is full of stories of God’s people failing to trust in their good and all-powerful God. Despite having a perfect relationship with God, Adam and Eve sinned because they believed that there was goodness apart from Him. It didn’t take long for God’s people to build an idol after being supernaturally saved from slavery in Egypt. Even the Apostle Peter who walked with Jesus and witnessed his power denied him 3 times because he couldn’t trust in God’s plan.
Against the backdrop of doubt and disbelief, there are also wonderful stories of God using the act of trust as an opportunity to display His power, love and provision to the rest of the world. What would your life look like if you had a deeper trust in God? How would an attitude of trust change the way you work, study, parent, serve your church, and love the people around you?
To help you prepare for Katoomba Easter Convention this year, here are 10 reasons why we can trust God:
1. We can trust God because He is immortal.
2. We can trust God because He is trustworthy
Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures through all generations. The Lord is trustworthy in all he promises and faithful in all he does.
- Psalm 145:13
3. We can trust God because He always acts on what he promises.
The works of his hands are faithful and just; all his precepts are trustworthy.
- Psalm 111:7
4. We can trust God because He has fulfilled every promise He’s ever made to you in Jesus.
5. We can trust God because He is not distant - he cares for those who trust Him.
The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him.
- Nahum 1:7
6. We can trust God no matter where we are, because He is with us.
"When we trust him as fully present everywhere, we are finally free to be fully present wherever he has placed us."
- Jen Wilkin
7. We can trust God because although our understanding is limited, He can see the bigger picture.
8. We can trust God because He is in complete control of our past, present and future.
“Trust the past to God's mercy, the present to God's love, and the future to God's providence."
- Augustine of Hippo
9. We can trust God because we will find rest when we trust the One who rules.
"The best theology will not remove mystery from your life, so rest is found in trusting the One who rules, is all, and knows no mystery."
- Paul Tripp
10. We can trust God because He is glorified when we trust Him.
Love these quotes? We've turned them into graphics so that you share them with your friends on Facebook and Instagram!
Registrations for Katoomba Easter Convention ‘In God We Trust’ are now open!
Click Here to Register!